We decided to create this project because we want to encourage volunteering and the participation of youth people in order to be independent and taje responsibility in making efforts when it comes to that field. We organize this international camp in Taroudant with around 20 volunteers, locals and foreigners.
Type of work
• Five days of work per week and two days off
• About 4 hours of work per day in the morning.
• Painting and creating murals for basic maintenance even though we encourage them to express their creativity to bring life into it. The camp leaders will make a program to paint but the volunteers can also propose ideas.
•“Green activities”: Help creating green spaces, planting trees or shrubbery for example.
Gardening and creating murals.
The volunteers will live in local house in the city. The place will be set up with mats and blankets although we highly recommended volunteers to bring their sleeping bags just in case.
Important highlights: Toilets in Morocco are usually Turkish bath style. We prefer to warn you because we learned from previous volunteers experiences.
We will take care of everything needed for the success of the workcamp, such as tools, materials, food, transportation, cultural, educational and fun activities. As well as preparing volunteers, integrating them into the Moroccan culture and language.
The aim of this project is to contribute to the improvement of the city, economically and socially. The camp leader will organize various animation activities for the participants to make the work camp more fun. Organizing awareness campaigns and integrating the international volunteers into the daily life, as well as encouraging tourism.
Darija (Moroccann arabic) is the native language.
• No previous working experience required.
• Enthusiastic, positive and respectful people needed.
• Willingness to develop ties with other nationalities and learn new things, of course we encourage everyone to follow the pace they feel comfortable with.
Aghrim in Taroudant.
The closest airport is the Massira Airport in Agadir, or if you arrive to the Menara Airport in Marrakech, from there you can take a bus ( Supratours ) to Agadir..
Please remember you can only pay in dirhams, the local currency so don’t forget to change money inside the airport.
Once you have your flights details please pass them by e-mail to your interlocutor so you can arrange with him or her the meeting point.
The info sheet will be send to you by e-mail 3 weeks prior departure.